Friday, October 12, 2007

I hear there's something fishy going down just outside of town

I cut my work short today and headed to a local lake with Carrie and Mike and Dave. It was jolly fun. Bought some new lures. One such lure, a big fishy, drew much criticism from Carrie. "I grew up on a lake...yadda yadda...you'll never catch anything with a lure that big." Two casts later a frickin monster ate my lure and snapped my line. So there! But...she was the only one of us who actually caught a fish...


(click on the picture for the rest of the album from this glorious adventure)

It got dark too damn early, and too damn cold. I tried these glow stick bobber things, but the fish just weren't havin it. So I stuffed the glow stick in a bottle, tied on the line and cast it out into the lake. We took some pot shots at the faint, bobbing glow with a pellet gun until it got too cold, then headed to Culvers for dinner.
The End.

No comments: