Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The long and winding road

Since apparently fishing is too much of a "sedentary" activity, Carrie insisted we take a little hike on the MKT Trail here in Como.


(clicky for album)

So we took Sam down to the trail Sunday for a little walk. It's a pretty nice trail, though I'd like to smack whatever genius came up with the idea to build little bits of gym equipment every 30 yards. I mean, come on. Really.


(this one nearly broke when I sat on it)

My favorite was the three lengths of wood laid together in a triangle on a concrete slab. Like a curb for stretching your Achilles tendon. And then built a sign with instructions on how to use it. Engineering and artistic genius together at last! Give that guy or gal a frickin Nobel Prize. I mean, Al Gore did it with a slideshow -- I don't see why a guy who formed a complicated shape out of wood in a public place should not get the same recognition.

But don't plan on enjoying your bicycle on the trail. I mean, you're allowed to ride on the trail -- you are merely forbidden to enjoy that beautifully welded, two-triangle alloy frame and its mastermathematic gear ratios that let you glide over impacted gravel like a wheelless wheelbarrow down an icy embankment.



Really though, great trail. It was a lot of fun and it was a beautiful day. Carrie has good ideas. She goes running a lot. I walk places sometimes. I am getting too sedentary.

Oh, and to the lady who was wouldn't cross the bridge -- hang in there. I know Sam is pretty scary looking.

No comments: